Thursday, April 12, 2012

Pizza Margherita

I'm not sure if it's a new product or not, but I noticed these ready-made thin pizza crusts in the deli and bakery at Pete's. They're a great deal- $2.99 for three crusts!



So I had my kids help make our favorite- pizza margherita!  I sliced up some beautiful tomatoes and fresh basil, drizzled with good olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Then the best part- fresh mozzarella!!  At Pete's, you'll find this in the cheese section of the deli, and it's really best to use the real thing and not shredded.  It comes in a ball, and I cut it in half and then slice it in my egg slicer. Because I'm unapologetically lazy.

Throw it in a good hot oven for about 10 minutes, and  it is DONE, baby!



This crust is very very good- nice and crispy!  The tomatoes got a little watery, so if that bugs you, just drain the slices on paper towels for a bit before you put them on the crust. Or halved grape tomatoes would be great too!



Enjoy!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment