Monday, April 30, 2012

WW-Friendly Fish Tacos! 2 POINTS EACH!



This was really easy, fast, and yummy!

I had always eyed the Walden Farms line of "Zero Calorie" products with a wary eye. I'd pick them up, look at the ingredients, and decide I didn't need another nearly-full but forgotten bottle taking up space in my fridge. Then Judy, the Patron Saint of All That Is Natural and Organic insisted I try one. She suggested the Chipotle Ranch because it has a "little kick".



I was honestly surprised at how good it was! Not as thick as a traditional ranch, but it really has a nice tangy, spicy flavor. I had it on salad a few times, and then I decided to get creative.

"Now", she thought as she rubbed her hands together mischievously, "what shall I doooooo with it?"

The answer? Fish tacos! And just for the fun of it, lets make healthy ones. So I spent the better part of a morning comparing the nutritional value of every corn tortilla we carry at Pete's. (FYI- Corn tortillas can be found in about 4 different locations in the store. Don't be bashful about asking for help.)

The verdict? Mission Extra Thin Corn Tortillas (You'll find 'em in the Ethnic Foods Section in Aisle 3.) They come in at only ONE POINT per tortilla! (You're welcome. I know each point you can shave off is a small victory.)


Then I scoured the frozen foods department to find the best fish sticks per point. These Trident Ultimate Fish Sticks ended up being ONE POINT each!



All you have to do is bake the fish sticks, microwave the tortillas, and put those babies together! The Chipotle Ranch dressing really makes this awesome- don't skip it!

Garnish liberally with:



The cilantro adds a LOT of flavor- don't leave it out! If you want to be really fancy, serve it with a wedge of lime and grilled green onions!

Enjoy!

Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment